"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

September 12, 2016

Oi Gente!

Things are starting to go better and better! With every passing week i get a little bit more accustomed to the members here and loving them more. 

This Sunday my companion and i did a devotional for the branch. It went super well and there were about 50 people present. The message that we left was about the value of the gospel. I´ll try and explain a little bit about how it went. So to get a everyone to come and participate, we promised that there would be a bunch of chocolate, so much that everyone would get sick from eating it. And without fail, everyone showed up to stuff their faces. After we started i asked ``WHO WANTS CHOCOLATE`` and man its incredible what the power sweets have on the behavior of people. That crowd of latter day saints turned in to a group of children that want ice cream after dinner. I counted to three and the first person who raised their hand would be the first to win the chocolate. A young woman was the first to throw her hand in the air and I called her to the front to give her the chocolate. When she came to the front, i grabbed the most delicious chocolate on the table, and promptly threw it on the ground... She had a terrible look of disgust of her face. Then i asked ``WHO WANTS CHOCOLATE`` this time the crowd wasn´t so excited. It was obvious that no liked the way i had given her the chocolate, so i promised I wouldn´t do it again. Then i went to the branch president, and kindly placed his favorite chocolate in his hand. He had a slight look of surprise on his face and thanked me.

The point of the message is that the chocolate is the gospel. And depending on how we treat it influences the fact that other people will want it or not. When we invite others to get to know the church it should be done in a manner well thought out, not as a casual invite.

The gospel is the most precious thing in the world. The more that i have shared this message the more i have come to realize how special that it is. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,


Elder Rice