"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

May 30, 2016

Hey Everybody!!!

Another super awesome, incredibly good week!! 

And all of it started Monday night! 

I think in the last email i had mentioned how much i LOVED the area that i was in, and that i was honestly a little bit heart broken to be leaving there. Because of how much I loved the people in that area I arranged to have a little going away party so that i could say bye to everyone in the ward. So I asked Clarismudo and Patricia if i could do it at their house and they gladly accepted. That night there were about 25 members, less actives and investigators  with whom I had worked closely with over the past 5 months (who were in the Imperial Ward). Unfortunately,  the bishop wasn't able to make it because he travels and was out of town... but any way, this night was probably the most special night of my entire life. Before I had gotten in to the Imperial Ward I had resolved to make a real difference in this area and be a tool by which the spirit could touch the hearts of all. And last Monday night I knew that I had done exactly that. With every one together I shared a special message thanking them for the chance to serve and for helping me. Then I talked about the importance that all of us work diligently to strengthen our testimonies so that we never stray from the truth that we know. It was a special message and the spirit was strong. After I sat down all that were present began to comment and thank me for the work that I had done as well. As I heard their ``thank yous``, and watched them be moved to tears, I felt such an incredible sensation of love and I could not believe that I could have made a difference in the lives of these special people.

It was the sweetest moment of my life and something that I will never forget. And it came simply because I was obedient. 

All of us can have these incredible feelings if we to are obedient to the Lord and strive to always be in the service of those around us.

I love you all and the next week I will share with you guys more about my new area and my companion!!

Love,

Elder Rice