"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

October 3, 2016
Hey Everybody!
Alright, wasn´t general conference absolutely incredible!! I mean seriously all of the talks were just so inspired, it is such a blessing to have living prophets who can speak to us!
This week i really am on a time crunch. In a couple of hours 10 other missionaries will be arriving in our city for a zone meeting tomorrow. So my comapnion and i have to make lunch for everyone, and we have organized some other activities for everyone just to hang out.
My week was great! I mean things haven´t gotten any easier, but i am learning a lot and that is what makes it so great. In fact this week i was pretty much slapped in the face but all of my weaknesses and shortcoming, it hurt a little bit when i realized that i was failing in quite a few aspects, but its just a new challenge and opportunity for me to grow! So it was good! :)

Oh and for those of you that don´t know i will no longer be extending my mission. I had decided to extend my mission until febuary, but two weeks ago i found out that my brother, Matt will be getting married on the 20th of december. So i talked with my mission president about the possiblitly of me coming home in december (my original departure date) instead of febuary to be able to see my brothers wedding. President oliveira said that it would be a once in a life time opportunity for me to be there and recommended that i return early! So I´ll be home for the holidays!

I love you all and hope that you all have a great week!

Elder Rice