"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

August 8, 2016
So there is only on thing in the mission that I have learned not to like... And that´s transfers!
So far the most difficult thing for me has been to arrive in an area, work hard with my companion, find amazing investigators, gain the complete trust of the members, and make incredible friendship, many of which I am sure will perpetuate long after the grave, and then out of the blue have to change and go to another area.
To say I love the people here in São Mateus doesn´t even begin to describe what I feel for these incredible members. I have found, brothers, sisters, mothers and fathers, who treat me as if I was there own flesh and blood. They trust me and love me. It truly is an incredible feeling when you gain the trust and respect of others because of your dedicated service.
Tonight my companion and I are going to invite all the members here in the group to meet up at Tânia's house. She is a member here in the group and out of everybody here, she is without a doubt the one that most loves me. She is constantly telling me to marry her daughter, but that is another story to tell... I want to leave a special message with all the members here in the group reminding them of the importance  to have their own personal commitment with God. To promise that we will be faithful and true no matter what the circumstance so that one day we can happily enter in to the rest of our Father!
Oh and you might be wondering where it is that I will be going. I will be going to an area called Sorriso, it is about 6 hours from where I am right now and I will be the companion of Elder Nunes. I think he will be finishing his mission this transfer or the next one. We will serve together as zone leaders!
One more super awesome detail. Isailde´s son Vitor was baptized this Saturday! And on Sunday during testimony meeting Isailde got up in the front to bare her testimony about the church and thank everyone for their support. Isailde is such an incredible person and so ready to be baptized, she just needs to get married, but her husband, Manuel is being a little apprehensive...  
I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Rice