"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

July 25, 2016

Alright so finally I think i might have had a week that wasn't super, incredible, fantastic. But it was still good!

The only down side of this week was that my companion Elder Silveira (he changed his name from Diniz to Silveira a couple of weeks ago) got sick. So we had to make a few trips to the hospital to see what was up. Luckily, though it was nothing just a slight stomach infection he got from something that he had eaten. It is actually extremely common that new missionaries get sick like that, it's pretty much just the Brazil Cuiabá mission saying ``Welcome to the hottest mission in Brazil!``

I think in some of the other emails I had mentioned about an investigator, Isailde, and her family. Well,  I  have to let you guys know she is seriously one of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. She won´t  stop giving us stuff and making us food. She is also straight up gold. This week we talked to her about the Word of Wisdom and challenged her to stop drinking coffee, which we thought would be a real challenge since she had a habit of drinking 1 1/2 -  2 liters of coffee a day. But, three days after we saw her we asked how it was going (on stopping to drink coffee) and she said that since we talked to her she hadn't drank one more drop! So that was pretty awesome. She wants to get baptized, but the  problem is that like pretty much all other Brazilians she isn't married... but its a small problem she is totally willing to do everything necessary to follow Christ so I am sure it will all go smoothly!

Seeing Isaildes willingness to be obedient really shows her faith and it reminds me of a scripture in Moroni 7:25

``Wherefore, by the ministering of angels, and by every word which proceeded forth out of the mouth of God, men began to exercise faith in Christ; and thus by faith, they did lay hold upon every good thing; and thus it was until the coming of Christ.``


Faith is much more that a passive belief, it is what motivates us to always lay hold upon all good things. I love being a missionary because i can see how the truths of the gospel motivate others to exercise their faith and strive to always have good works!


Love you all and hope you guys have a great week!



Elder Rice