"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

October 24, 2016

Hey Everybody!

This week was great! One of the highlights was a family night that we did in the house of an investigator on friday night. We invited a bunch of members to Denise and Marcio´s house. We have been teaching them for about 3 weeks now, and they are incredible. Like many of the people that we teach they have their own personal problems. Unfortunately Marcio is fighting against drug addiction and Denise is trying to hold on the the last strand of hope that Marcio really can change. It is difficult to watch other people pass through difficulties in their lives. When i see it i just want to grab a hold of the their lives and make everything be better instantly. But unfortunately that isn´t how it works and that´s not our heavenly father plan for us. Since I am not able to miraculously change the lives of others, at least i try to do the best that i can. Which is share the gospel!!!! I think this is the most incredible thing about the gospel of Christ. It doesn´t´matter what personal problems you have, whether it be addictions, debts, doubts, whether you have been betrayed, mistreated or abused the gospel of Jesus Christ can make you life better. Even if by some miracle you don´t have problems in your life, the gospel will make it even better!!

On friday night it was an incredible opportunity to have a family night with Denise and Marcio. My companion shared an extremely interactive yet spiritual message, that touched everyone. I stayed pretty quiet the whole night because i literally could not speak, i lost my voice and wasn´t able to speak louder than a whisper. But it was so nice to see as friendships were made and everyone joked around together.

In other news Carla and her kids will be baptised this saturday!! Which is pretty awesome. The progress of Carla has been incredible as we have been teaching her. She too still has several problems of her own, but the gospel is helping her overcome it all!

I love being a missionary! The church is true and Christ lives. 

Hope you all have a great week!


Elder Rice