"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

November 28, 2016

When you get to the end of the mission, its like you become an old wise man, everyone looks to you as a becon of wisdom amongst a sea of clueless kids haha! This week i did a division with a couple of other missionaries and at the end of the day we went back home a little early so that i could give them some advice about how they could improve the work in their area. And for nearly an hour they just filled me with questions. How to teach, what to say, where to go, how to plan activites everything! I mean i recognize the fact that in reality i say very, very, very little, but in that moment I felt like some sort of wizard!

The closer i get to the end i think the more i come to appreciate missionary work itself. Even though when i go back home i will no longer have the missionary mantel, i will most definately have the missionary spirit. The work of the lord is too great too important to let it be limited to these two short years that i am fulfilling right now. For the rest of my life i will search to spread the gospel in all places and in all moments, something i realize that i never did very well before i came to the mission. But the change that i have experienced here will not be a short lived one, it will be one that will go with me for the rest of my life and eternity!

The greatest feeling is to know that Heavenly Father is happy with us, no matter what that requires of us. The apostles felt this many times ´´And they departed from the presence of the council,rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.´´ (acts 5:41)

I love you all and hope you all seek the opportunities to shar the gospel and suffer a little for Him!

Com Amor,


Elder Rice