"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, December 12, 2016

April 25, 2016

 This was another incredible week!! As a missionary some of the biggest difficulties that you have to overcome are usually with yourself. And this week I had felt that way. My companion and I put in a long week of hard work but I felt that because of a lack of good planning we had lost several opportunities. But this week at church once again I saw how the Lord blesses his children as they give their best and strive to be obedient! When my companion and I arrived at church 30 minutes early I was surprised to see a man that I had never met before seated near the back dressed in jeans and a t-shirt. I sat down and talked to him for a few minutes and found out that he is a less active member who hasn't come to church in about a year. now he wants to come back and stay strong. He also asked us to go to his house and visit him because all of his family aren't members and he wants us to teach them!!

 On top of that we had several other investigators at church and for the first time Marcos´ wife, Diana came to church!! Ever since we had started teaching Marcos his wife wasn't really interested in our message. But these last two weeks we worked together with the relief society president and some other sisters in the ward to try and make her feel more welcome and it payed off! She came to church and loved it! I think after the sacrament meeting she had a look of surprise on her face from how much she enjoyed the talks. Diana said that it was ``a lot different`` than what she was expecting, which I guess was a good thing haha!

 The experience of Diana reminds me of a scripture in 1Corithians 2:11-14 11.

For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. 13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. 14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

 As the apostle Paul taught for us to understand that which of God it must be taught to us and understood through the spirit. We must always seek the spirit of God so that we can better understand what God´s will is for us!

I love You all and pray that each of you can seek the Spirit and know exactly what God´s will is for you!

Love, Elder Rice