"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Friday, November 6, 2015

June 1, 2015

Hey Everybody!

 This week was awesome! Elder Tibbitts and I have been working really hard to start getting some progress with investigators. And we finally have one progressing investigator, but she is only 9 years old... I´m not really a big fan of baptizing little kids becuase it is almost guarenteed that they will go inactive, but I think that this could be good. Yesterday Nelia (our investigator) and two of her siblings (they are both less active) came to church and they all loved it. It was awesome to have them there. Next week their parents said they would come as well. This family is super open to hearing our message and seems like they have a desire to follow the example of Christ more closely. I hope things progress with them and they are able to fully recieve the Gospel. A lot of times people are happy to hear our message and believe that what we are saying is the word of God and even that the Book of Mormon is the word of God but have no desire to change. I just hope that the spirit touches this family so they can all become active in the church together. If the parents get baptized I am sure they will all be able to stay active, the only problem is that they have to get married first... There are very few people in Brazil who are legally married.

 Other than this awesome family we have some other very promising investigators. It seems like this last week all the hard work Elder Tibbitts and I put in finally paid off. We have taught a ton of lessons this week and now we are just trying to get some of the members in our lessons too. The message of the Gospel is so special and so powerful, and we want to present it in the best way possible so everyone can enjoy the blessings that come from it.

 The mission is so awesome in so many ways, it gives you the opportunity to be immersed in the gospel and always serve others. Everyday I feel that I learn something new. Something that I have realized is the most selfish thing that you can do is to be selfless. When you spend your day in the service of others not only do you learn from your experiences with the people you are serving but God blesses you beyond measure. And when you feel you don´t have the capacity to work any more just thinking about the people you will help is more than enough to conquer any bad attitude. Those who keep the commandments and lose them selves in the service of others will always be ``blessed and happy`` Mosiah (2:41). So you if feel a little down, forget about whatever it was that happened and do someting nice for someone else! I love you all and hope that you have a great week! Look for opportunities to serve!

 Love,

 Elder Rice