"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Friday, November 6, 2015

August 31, 2015

Hey Everybody,

Every week as a missionary it seems that you run in to a new set of problems and what matters is just how you adapt to it and make the most of what you have. I expressed that last week was pretty difficult because after weeks of trying to work so hard it seemed like there was little success. But with those individual people came much joy! This week luckily Elder Dodson and I were able to face our challanges and overcome them!

The biggest miracle we had this week was with an investigator of ours, her name is Diana (17 yrs old) and she will be baptized this Saturday along with her best friend Fernanda (18yrs old). Both of these young women are extremely special and as we helped them to progress toward their baptism date this Saturday everything seemed to be perfect, until Diana told us that she didn´t think she would be able to be baptized... Hearing her say this crushed my companion and I and after talking to her for a bit we found out it was because she was afriad her mom would not allow it. My companion and I both knew that she was 100% ready for baptism and needed the guidance of the Holy Ghost in her life, so we were ready to do anything to help her get baptized. We came back another day and taught the pricncipal of tithing and the law of the fast and the power that fasting has. We invited her to do a fast with us that her mom would allow her to be baptized, and she gladly accepted! Sunday, a few days after the fast, Elder Dodson and I went to Diana´s house to speak with her mom. We shared a message about God´s plan for us and what our part is in that plan and then asked her if she would allow Diana to get baptized, and she said that she would allow it!! The lesson that we had with her was great and I could tell that Diana´s mom enjoyed a lot of the truths that we shared. After that visit I was just so happy that Diana would be able to be baptized and recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost. 

There really is nothing better than recieving the gift of the Holy Ghost. With this gift we are able to allows enjoy the presence of the spirit and recieve guidance. However this guidance is something that we must constantly be searching, and as we do so the Lord will guide us in our lives.

I hope that we all do our part to seek the guidance of the spirit in our lives everyday. Love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Rice