"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, May 25, 2015

Hey Everybody!

It has been another good week here in Brazil! Elder Tibbitts and I have been trying to find some people who are ready to accept the Gospel. Right now we don´t have any progressing investigators and some people who we had found that seemed really interested in our message, now seem indifferent. This is something that can be really difficult at times. The only reason that Elder Tibbitts and I are here on the mission is to help others be happy. That is honestly all it is, we just want everyone to be happy. You´d think with a purpose like that people would be lining up to hear what we have to say. Unfortunately though others don´t quite understand our purpose.

 This week we have really just been trying to find people. We have been working a lot with less active families. Its kinda crazy how many less actives there are. Just in this ward here in Pedra Noventa there are probably 150-200 less active members and only 50 that are active. We like to work with them less actives because we hope to be able to bring them and all of their friends back to church haha! But sometimes the less actives are just as indifferent about coming back to church as our investigators. I am hopeful for this next week though, Elder Tibbitts likes to work hard and is determined to find those who have been prepared by God.

This morning I was reading in 1 nephi 15 and I found a verse that i really liked. It is verse 24. Nephi explains the significance of the iron rod as the word of God, he then tells his brothers that those who hold tight to the word of God will never perish and the fiery darts of the adversary cannot bring them to destruction. I love it when the scripture talk simply. If we hold to the word of God we will never perish, and the Devil will have no power over us. So lets hold to the word of God and make the Devil powerless!

 I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Elder Rice