"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Friday, November 6, 2015

August 24, 2015

Hey everybody!!

To be honest, this week has been so-so. It seems that everything my companion and I had planned fell through. Splits with members, family nights, appointments, lunch, literally everything, if it was planned it didn´t happen. But what I want to share with you guys is a new appreciation I have for the scripture D&C 18:10,15 ``Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight if God." And if you were to work all of your days proclaming repentance to this people and bring one soul to me, how great will be your joy in the kingdom of my Father`` (that may not be word for word correct I translated it back from portuguese)

This week it we worked everyday to bring as many souls to our Father (in this case bring them to church), and unfortunately those who we had been working with so firmly didn´t come. But this man (in the attached photo) his name is Jefferson and after months of working with him, finally my companion and I were able to bring him to church. We visited him Saturday night and had a very frank conversation about why he hasn´t been going to church, like any other time he gave a dozen excuses, but finally my companion and I just stopped him and said the only thing holding you back is your guilt. You know you need to be at church and you know that this is the only thing that will get you life back in order. He paused and holding back tears he said ``I know, tomorrow I´ll go to church``.

The next morning we stopped by to go to church with him and we found him and his son, completely ready to go. I can't express how happy it made me to see him in church clothes ready to go. And I felt, the value of every soul in the eyes of God. To see just this one man back at church made me so incredibly happy. I can´t wait to continue to help him get back on track to being a strong member of the church again.

Never forget the worth of all souls in the sight of God, even the worth of your own soul. Work everyday that you can to help others accept this Gospel and the incredible peace that it can bring you our lives.

I love you all and hope you all work to save the soul of another!

Love,

Elder Rice