"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Friday, November 6, 2015

October 12, 2015

Hey Everybody!

I think I am getting to used to Brazilian life. This past week it got down to about 17 degrees Celsius and I was freezing! Which is only about 65 degrees... kinda pathetic but after living constantly in a climate that is 90-100 degrees, just about anything is cold!

Even though we had an arctic blast here this week, it was still a good one! My companion and I had a baptism planned for last Saturday but we decided to postpone it because we didn´t have the chance to let many members know. So we have planned to do it this Saturday instead and are planning everything to make sure that it is a special day for Eduardo.

Elder Juliani and I have been working hard to find those who have the desires to hear the gospel and follow its teachings. The common belief amongst almost all Brazilians is that there isn´t a true church and instead that all churches are a pathway different to get to Christ and ultimately our Heavenly Father. Although this logic may make sense to a lot of people it is sad to see this perspective impede so many people from realizing the truth. The apostle Paul said very clearly in Ephesians 4:5 that there is ``one Lord, one faith, and one baptism`` While all churches may be a different path to get to Christ there really is only one faith and one baptism that will bring all of us to the presence of our Heavenly Father again. The truths of the restored gospel are such a blessing in our lives and the light that they give to us is something that we must share with everyone.

I hope that all of us can strive to deepen our understanding of the doctrine and increase our desires to share these truths with all that around us. I love you all and hope that you all have a great week! 

Love,

Elder Rice