"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Friday, November 6, 2015

October 26, 2015

Hey Everybody!!

This past week my companion and I have tried to follow up well with Vanessa and Wellington and a few other families.

Wellington is the man! I always love when i have the chance to meet people who have a humble spirit. And wellington is this kind of guy. He has accepted all of the things that we have been teaching him and believes in the truthfulness of the church and the Book of Mormon. It is always a beautiful thing to see as people began to accept these truths and let them change their lives. Wellington has been reading from the Book of Mormon, and although he has difficulties understanding everything he has been able to gain a testimony with the help of his wife Vanessa. As they progress together we hope to help them gain roots deep in the foundation of the gospel so that they won´t ever leave again.

We have also been working with a few less active families who expressed a desire to return to church. One of them is Diego and Roberta Cruz. They have been less active for about a year now but when we shared a message with them, they plainly said, ``we know the church is true and that it is where we need to be``. I think that they only thing they may be lacking is a solid friend to help them come back and really feel at home. I hope that this coming week we can help them make the first step and come back to church.

This week also marks the start of another transfer!! Luckily I will be staying here in the Universitário ward! I am so happy that i will be staying here, i think i have mentioned before that i like this area, but i honestly love it. This ward, area and the people here are incredible, I would be happy to stay here for the rest of my mission! My old companion, Elder Juliani, will also be staying here in the same area. We recieved more missionaries this transfer so we have the chance to open up the other half of this area. Me and my new companion, Elder Cruz, (he is a Brazilian and I think he has 6 months in the mission) will go to the other half of the area and work there. I will be living in a different house that is only 5 minutes from the chapel, so that will be really nice.

There is a lot of work to be done her in this area and I am looking forward to the chance to work closer to the chapel. All is well here and I hope that things are going well for you guys as well! 

Love,

Elder Rice