"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Friday, November 6, 2015

August 17, 2015

Hey Everyone!!

This area is a blessing! The members of this ward are incredible and dedicated to helping the work of the Lord not just continue but accelerate! Every Sunday the leadership in this ward has a quick meeting after sacrament meeting to see how they can help those who are new or coming back to church have a good experience. The leadership here really understands the meaning of magnify your calling and it shows.

Because of the members of this ward all the people that we are teaching or working with become integrated and feel right at home the first time that they visit. Just from watching the way this ward works I am learning a lot of what it means to have charity. From greeting people at the door to visiting people at home everything the people do here is out of love for others or the Lord. I have learned more about charity by seeing it in action than I ever have studying about it.

Because of this ward and my companion we have been able to find people to teach and help them progress. It is amazing to see the difference the gospel can make in someones life in such a short amount of time. There are four people we hope to baptize in the next couple of weeks, Diane, Fernanda, Talia and Laurauna. All of them have already started to make changes in their life and have noticed the difference in how the gospel can bring happiness to us. I am looking forward to helping them enter the waters of baptism and recieve the gift of the holy ghost.

Someone else I would like to mention, is a less active, Elder Dodson and I have been visiting this week. Her name is LĂșcia and when she mentioned to us that she was depressed and even thinking of suicide we knew that we had to help out. We told her that we would come by everyday to read the scriptures with her and see how she is doing. Everyday we read one chapter with her and left one with her to read. After just three days there was already a noticable difference in her appearence and she even told us that she felt happier. This is a testimony of the power of the word of God. If we study and apply the principles found in the Book of Mormon as well as the Bible it can transform our lives for the better!

This is my invite to read, study and make a plan on how you can apply the teaching of the scriptures in your life. If you do this you will find that you are able to live a happier and healthier life. I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Love,

Elder Rice