"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 11, 2016

Hey Everybody!

Well this week I did something new! For the first time in my mission I moved to a new house. Wednesday my companion and I packed everything up in our house to move a different one which is MUCH MUCH better than where we were. Seriously it is so much better. One of the many new blessings I enjoy in our new house is not waking up early in the morning to the sound of the flock of birds that were living in our roof. Now we are neighbors to a family of members in the ward, the Mottos, they are great and have a special love for missionary work. In fact this Sunday, Irmã Motto brought a friend of hers to church and told us to sit with him during Sunday School. We have already planned to go back to his house this week with some other members to make sure that he feels welcomed and a part of the ward. This is yet another great opportunity and blessing that we have received.

Another awesome experience that happened this week is because of a new standard of excellence that our mission President has established. In this new standard of excellence we have to do 40 contacts every day. Just so you know, 40 contacts every day is A LOT! – haha but my companion and I resolved to do it, so we started talking to literally EVERYBODY and giving people pass along cards with our name and number. 

Then one day a woman called us, her name is Christiane, saying that she needs help with paying some bills. At first we thought she might just be wanting money and nothing else so we weren´t too sure about what we should do. We thought it would be best if we set up an interview with her and the bishop so he could decide what is the best course of action. Christiane talked with our bishop and they made some goals about paying the bills and having her learn about the church as well. The bishop suggested to her that she should come to church these next three weeks to really understand what our church is about and why we are willing to help anyone in whatever circumstance. So this Sunday she went to church. After the meeting I talked with her a little bit and she said that she loved everything and also wanted to meet with us to learn more about the church. It seems like every day we see the lord’s blessing and guidance in our work!

We also had the great opportunity to see a family be reactivated these last few weeks with the baptism of their son Arthur, which took place this Sunday.

Recently I have been fortunate enough to see numerous blessing and miracles take place. As we are obedient we can be sure that we will be blessed, but if we feel that we are doing all that we can and are still encountering difficulties don´t be discouraged as the prophet of the Book of Mormon, Lehi, said 

``For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility. Wherefore, it must needs have been created for a thing of naught; wherefore there would have been no purpose in the end of its creation.`` (2 Nephi 2:11-12)

In our lives opposition must exist or there would not be purpose in our creation. It is the difficult moments that allow us to grow and be humbled to recognize the hand of God in all things!

I love you all and hope you have a great week!


Elder Rice