"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 4, 2016

March 14, 2016


Hey Everyone!

It honestly just seems like every week things just keep getting better and better! In the Imperial Ward things just keep growing and growing! Before my companion and I had got here in this ward, the ward had gone one year without a baptism and the attendance was about 40.

In these last few weeks because of the efforts of many and the blessings of the Lord we have had 3 baptisms, with 3 more planned in this coming month and the attendance had gone up to about 75! The other week I wrote a letter where I had mentioned that I have seen so many incredible miracles here and I would like to tell you guys about one more that happened this week!

So it's Sunday morning before church, probably the time that missionaries are the most nervous during the week, waiting for investigators and all the members to arrive. Luckily this Sunday, all of the people that we had planned on to have a church came! After sacrament meeting my companion and I went with a few of the investigators and recent converts to the gospel principals class. And just a few minutes after it started a member entered with another man that I had never seen before and said, ``oh these young men here will help you out``. I helped him open up the scriptures and follow along with the lesson and it seemed like he really enjoyed it. I was really curious to know who he was, so after the lesson I stepped outside with him for just a second to get to know him a little bit. He told me that his name is Immanuel and that 3 years ago he had received a Book of Mormon from other missionaries. He said that today he felt that he needed to go to church and he wants to be baptized. He confessed to me that he as an addiction to drinking alcohol but that he wants to leave his old life behind and change. I told him that as missionaries we are here to help people do just that! 

Tonight we will go back to his house to help him start this change that he wants to make in his life. I know that he will be able to make this change that he so desperately wants to and i am so grateful that my companion and i have the chance to see this miracle.

Other than just this it seems like God is leading the work that my companion and i are doing here in the ward.

Ivan who was recently baptized will receive the priesthood this coming week and start to help out with the preparation of the sacrament. He is married to a woman, named Renata, who was recently reactivated in the church. And the changes that Ivan is making is helping her deepen her testimony in the church as well.

We have many, many other investigators who are incredible and I wish that I had time to tell you about each and every one of them. But I will simply put the name of a few who are preparing for baptism so that you guys can remember them in your prayers! Adilson, Marcos, Diana, Cida, and Camila!

My companion Elder Ontiveros is doing super super good as well. He know has two weeks in the mission and because of his contagiously positive attitude all the work that we are doing becomes so enjoyable. I am grateful to be with someone who is so upbeat no matter what is happening. There are sometimes when we have to walk about an hour to get to our lunch appointment in the burning hot sun of Cuiabá, and when we leave the house to start on the walk Elder Ontiveros looks up and says ``man I love walking`` haha, he is hilarious and a great example to me!

Remember to always have a good attitude and be a light to those around you! Love you all and hope you all have a good week!

Elder Rice