"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 4, 2016

March 21, 2016

Hey Everybody!

Its been another incredible week full of even more blessings as we have tried to work diligently and obediently. Adilson was baptized this Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. All of the young men and women in the ward have completely integrated him and he particiates in seminary, and mutual. Its awesome to see how he has taken such a natural liking to the church and that he has been able to make such strong friendships so quickly. A young man in the ward Pedro baptized Adilson.

A few weeks back i think I wrote about the baptism of Ivan. He was recently married to a member of the ward Renata who is returning to the church now after being inactive for about 5 years. In the first week that my companion and I started working with them 9 weeks ago we had to set the most basic and simple goals. Just inviting them to read the Book of Mormon everyday was something difficult. We helped the both of them to quit smoking, and one of the biggest hurdles was getting them to wake up early to get to church on time. I still remember the first week I saw them arrive at church. Sacrament meeting had long ended and they came in the middle of the gospel principles class. For the next 4 weeks or so they always showed up late and at best caught the last 10 minutes of sacrament meeting. Now let me tell about the change that has taken place. These last two weeks the both of them get their early to be there for the entire sacrament meeting. Last night we were at their house talking to them and I asked them if they had been reading the Book of Mormon everynight. They paused for a moment and looked one at another and said ``we haven´t really been reading in order, we read one chapter but then when we have question we get the church manuals and start to study the things that we don´t understand looking up scriptures to learn more`` For the entire week they have been devoting about 30 minutes to an hour every night to study and read the scriptures. I can´t even explain how happy hearing this made me. They have literally let the gospel change their lives. Now they are both searching for new jobs as well that will let them have more free time to spend together and not work on Sundays.

The power of the gospel is this, it changes our lives as we simply try to do our best to fulfill God´s commandments.

``Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.`` Matt 11:29-30

The gospel is Christ's yoke and living these principles is so easy when you see the blessings that it gives us. I have seen so many changes in my life as i have been on the mission and in the lives of all those who have accepted this. Let it change you life as well!

 Love, Elder Rice