"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 4, 2016

February 29, 2016


Hey everybody!

This week we had transfers! I will continue here in the Imperial Ward and I will receive a new missionary to train. I still don´t know who my companion will be, Presidente Oliveira will interview all of the new missionaries and then decide who will be their trainers.

As far as this week goes, I think it may have been the best of entire mission. In this area I have received a testimony that God really is a God of miracles. Too many times in these past 6 weeks my companion have happened to be in the right place at exactly the right moment. We have seen and felt the presence of God´s hand guiding us in all that we have been doing.

``27.Wherefore, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased because Christ hath ascended into heaven, and hath sat down on the right hand of God, to claim of the Father his rights of mercy which he hath upon the children of men? 29. And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren,have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.`` -Moroni 7:27,29

Miracles are real, they have not ceased and they never will. God wants to bless each and everyone of us as we strive to keep the commandments that he has given us. The only explanation i can think of for why my companion and i have been so richly blessed is because of our dedication to not just live but love all of the commandments that our Heavenly Father has given us. If we simply obey we will receive treasures in heaven beyond what we can imagine.

This morning I was thinking a little bit about how I would express to all of you the gratitude that I have felt for all of the blessings that I have received and I felt impressed to bear my testimony about what a blessing a mission is. Serving the lord with all of my heart might mind and strength this past year has taught me more about how be a man than i could have learned in any other situation. There is no college, job, internship or any other form of worldly education that could have taught me a tenth part of what i have learned in the service of the lord. If you have doubts about going on a mission forget about it and go. There is nothing you could possible lose in spending 2 years of your life in the service of the Lord. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by going on a mission. It will and should be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life, but you will cherish these experiences for the rest of your eternity.

I know that this letter also goes out to several friends of mine who are not members of the Chruch of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If you are not a member, discover what mission our Father in Heaven has for you. Our Father has high expectations for each and every one of us if not Christ would not have commanded us to be perfect even as our Father in Heaven is perfect (Matt 5:48). I also exhort anyone who reads this email who is not a member to get to know the missionaries. And if you have already received our message receive again. It changed my life and continues to change my life everyday. It is all true, I know, I live and I love it!

My prayers and with each and every one of you! Love,

Elder Rice