"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 4, 2016

February 23, 2016


Hey Everyone!

This week our ward, officially became a ward! For about 4 years this area was considered just a branch, but this last Sunday we had a ward conference and they announced it as a ward and we all sustained the new Bishop! Bishop Francis had already been serving as the branch president for about a year, so he already has quite a bit of experience with the members here in the area. He and his wife are both amazing people and have a ton of love for all of the members.

Another highlight of the week was mission tour. And actually because of mission tour is why i am writing my letter today instead of yesterday. A member of the quorom of the seventy, Elder Arnold, came to give us a training about how we can teach and invite others more effectively. Also a greater part of the meeting was spent talking about some changes that are happening here in the mission. The Brazil Cuiabá mission unfortunately doesn´t have the brightest past life, but our new president has started to transform this mission. I have been here ever since Presidente Oliviera arrived to serve as president of the mission, and from what I have seen him do I know that he is a man called and inspired by God. The changes that he is making here in the mission is changing my life and will change the lives of all those that live here in the states of Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul. With the time spent talking about these changes that are happening I felt impressed with the importance of change in our lives. In every moment of our lives we should always be striving to become better and better. When we start to fall in to comfort zones is when we our progress stops and regression begins. 

``For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, precept upon precept,here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn wisdom; for unto him that receiveth I will give more; and from them that shall say,We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.`` 2 Nephi28:30

God will give us wisdom and experience as long as we seek after it, and the moment that we stop and think that we have enough, that is when we lose what we worked so diligently to gain.

This Saturday we are planning on having a baptism. Our investigator, Evan, will marry on Friday, be baptised s\Saturday and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost Sunday. He is completely prepared and loves everything about the Gospel, in his path of preperation for baptism he had to make many changes in his life and one of the was to quit smoking. He has gone about a week without smoking, but it is still a struggle for him. Please remember him and pray for him, he has all the desire to do what is right he just needs a little divine help.

Thank you to each and everyone of for your prayers and support that you give. I love you all and hope you all have a great week!

Elder Rice