"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, February 8, 2016

November 16, 2015

 Hey Everybody!!

 Its been another good week! And i even had the chance to get to know the hospitals of Brazil! But don´t worry nothing happened to me. Tuesday morning my companion woke up with a really bad back pain and the whole day it was really difficult and painful for him to walk. Finally at about 3:00 in the afternoon he said that it was hurting too much and that he needed to go to the hospital to get medicine. Luckily for us right next to the church there is a special hospital building called the UPA. It is a special hospital is is available 24 hours a day to give medical care to anybody that walks in. To me it seemed a little bit sketchy, you literally just walk in say that something is hurting and they will give you drugs. My companion explained that he was having back pain, so the first thing they did was give him an injection in the butt... and some pills to take. In the end it all turned out good and my companion felt a lot better the next day. But I still think the whole process is a little sketchy...

Other than that the week was pretty good! We returned several times to teach Cristiani and her family and they are progressing well!! Cristiani and her son Rafael are both reading the Book of Mormon! Cristiani is reading about a chapter a day and we set a goal with Rafael to read 5 verses everyday! They are both loving everything that we are teaching them and are really excited about going to church. But unfortunately they weren´t able to make it to church this Sunday because Cristiani got sick really early Sunday morning and had to go to the hospital. But they are still doing well and we are planning on going to their house tonight to do a family night with them!

 Other than Cristiani and her family my companion and I are searching dilligently for all the other people out there that have been prepared by our Heavenly Father and his angels to receive the message of the restored gospel. I know there are dozens if not hundreds of people waiting to recieve this message here in the area that I am serving i just have to go out there and let the spirit guide me to them or them to my companion and I.

I love all of you guys and hope that you all strive to follow the example of Christ everyday of your lives!

 Love Elder Rice