"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, February 8, 2016

January 25, 2016

Hey Everybody!

This week was my first week back in Varzea Grande. 6 months ago I was serving in this same city but in the São Mateus group now I am in the Imperial ward. The two areas are basically right next to each other, so i am excited to have the chance to do a division in my old area and see all the members, investigators and other people that i taught 6 months ago.

This new transfer though has started off really well. My new companion is Elder Rojas, this is his second transfer in the mission so I am finishing up his training! He is a great Elder and works diligently to do everything to the best of his ability. Its a cool experience to be with someone who is new in the mission, it reminds you of everything that you went through and how new everything was.
And here is a quick update on some of the progress here in the area:

Junior- He is 16 years old and this past week we set a date with him for baptism! He loves the church and feels at home there. He has already made several friendships with some of the young-men here in the ward and he is just a great kid. I have known him for about 5 days now but he and his family treat me like we have know each other for years.

Milton and Maria lucia- They have been together for about 10 years now and this Sunday they both went to church. When they arrived at church it turned out that a few of the members in the ward already knew them and they made sure to help them feel right at home! They are a very simple, and poor couple but have a great spirit. The only problem is that they are not married and have a few addictions to overcome. But the atonement of Christ is greater that any difficulty that we face in our lives!

There are also tons of members here in the ward that are helping us out a bunch. It is great to arrive in an area and already feel so welcomed and supported by the members. I am sure that my companion and i will have much success here as we work side by side with all the members.

Love, Elder Rice