"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, February 8, 2016

January. 18, 2016

Hey Everybody!

So the update about this past week will be quick and short. My companion got really sick with a virus that you get from mesquitos called Dengue. We ended up spending the entire week in the hospital or at home. Dengue causes extreme body pains and pretty much just makes you not want to do anything. I felt really bad for my companion, he would just lay in his bed in pain for hours, and the only thing that i could do to help is offer a cup of cold water... But all is well now he has completely recovered and feeling much better!

So today is transfers!! I found out that i will be transfered to the north to finish the training of a new missionary! ( I forgot his name, it is a really strange name...) The area that i will be serving in is the Imperial branch. I have already served close to this area, so I already know it a little bit! I am excited for the change but I am not excited for the change in climate that I am going to experience... Here in the south it has been raining just about everyday so it stays nice and cool. But in the north, oh man, it is hot, really really hot. Like seriously so rediculously hot that my white skin is gonna get fried. I´ll have to make a small investment in some good sun protection because i am going to need it!

But all is well with me! This new transfer will be a great opportunity for me to help out a new missionary and get to know a new area after spending 6 months here in the universitário ward.

Hope that all is well with all of you!

Love, Elder Rice