"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, February 8, 2016

December 21, 2015

OPA!!!

Hope that all of you guys had a great week this week and are enjoying the Chirstmas spirit! This time of the year is special as everyone remembers the importance of our Savior Jesus Christ, and our families.

Last week I made mention that the week was a little bit rough and the work in this area has been dificult lately. Well this week, was pretty much the same! haha My companion and I are diligently working in a manner traditional and unconventional to find and teach those who are prepared to receive us. Our part as missionaries is to invite others to come unto Christ and experiment the incredible joy of the gospel. We testify of the beauty of the gospel to all of those we teach and powerfully state that it is only through our obedience to the commandments of God that we have a fullness of joy in this life and eternal life in the world to come!

My comanion and I and the rest of the missionaries in the entire world do this work because of Jesus Christ. Because of what he did for us and how we can benefit from it. Christ was born, died, and rose on the third day to redeem us from physical and spiritual death, of this I have a certainty. And not only is the reason for mine, and millions of others, missionary service, but it is the reason for this Christmas season. This time of the year in particular we remember the humble birth of our Redemer Jesus Christ. How he submitted him self to all the weaknesses of man, but rose above them all to save us. We truly can not express gratitude enough to thank him for what he did. And i think the words of the Prophet Ammon of the book of mormon express this well.

Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men? Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. (Alma 26: 16)

Merry Chirstmas to all and that we can all glory in the lord through our acts of service to our fellow brother and sisters this Christmas!

Love, Elder Rice