"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 20, 2015

March 9, 2105

Hey Everyone!

 This week has been awesome! One highlight of my week was when we went over to a part member family’s house. (The dad isn't a member but his whole family is). So first off Anthony (the dad) made some of the best ribs I have ever had, oh my gosh I could not stop eating they were so delicious! So we had an awesome dinner and then we shared a message with him. He has agreed to take the missionary lessons (and a quick cool back story on that. A member of the first quorum of the seventy invited him to take the lessons) and he is ready to hear everything that we have to teach. I think that it has been about 15-20 years since he married his wife and hasn't really been that interested in learning but now he is ready. And he says that he feels very comfortable with me and my companion and like he has just been waiting for us to teach him. Pretty cool. So we just talked briefly about the Book of Mormon and mentioned the restoration because we didn't have much time. But we are going to teach him the restoration on Thursday and commit him to baptism. I know he will accept and work toward being baptized. He is ready.

 All it takes is to pray sincerely to God to know if what we are teaching is true. God doesn't lie and he wants us to know the truth so as we seek it diligently he will give it to us. Often times it isn't easy but I don't think it is supposed to be. The harder we work to earn something the more it means to us. So the more effort we put in to getting a testimony the more precious it will be to us and it will be harder for us to ever turn away from it! I love Heavenly Father and I know that he will answer all our prayers.

 One scripture that I was reading this week that I really like is 2 Cor. 12:7-10. Paul is speaking and he is saying that he glories in his infirmities because when he is weak then he is strong. As we come before God and acknowledge our weaknesses he makes us stronger than we could ever be on our own. Let’s all turn to the Lord and pray that he may be a strength to us so we can be as strong as he wants us to be!

 Love,

 Elder Rice