"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 27, 2015

Hey everybody!

So many great opportunities this week! Elder D. Todd Christofferson came and spoke to some of the missionaries serving near Cuiaba. It was such an amazing opportunity to hear him speak in person. Before the meeting he had all the missionaries come up and shake his hand. We also got to hear from the Presiding Bishop and a member of the Presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy. It was basically a mini general conference in Cuiaba! it was super cool!

Elder Clayton (the member of the Presidency of the Quorum of the Seventy) talked about when Christ asked his disciples ´´whom say ye that I am´´ and Peter replied saying ´´Thou art Christ the Son of God´´.

Elder Clayton went on to explain that we too must answer this question, and that we answer this questions through our actions. If we want to be able to stand before Christ and tell him that we know he is the son of God then we too must be able to stand for righteousness in all times and places. Whether that be in the morning or evening when we have the chance to read the scriptures or when we are out in public and we have to stand up for our beliefs. All of the actions that we take answer this question. I really enjoyed what he said and felt the spirit as he spoke.

Elder Christofferson was the last one to speak and to be honest I don´t remember much of what he said but I do remember being impressed with the kindness in his eyes, and the love on his face. As he spoke I felt like he spoke to me and I just felt that he was a man of God.

I love this church and the wonderful men that we have as leaders. It is such a blessing to know that there are prophets who live today and that can reveal the secrets of the lord to his people (Amos 3:7) 

One last things that I would like to share is a parable that I came across this week while I was studying. It is the parable of the two sons and their father found in Matthew 21:28-30. In this parable there are two sons who are asked to go work in the vineyard. The first says that he does not want to, but then repents and goes to work. The second son says that he will go, but then does not go. Out of these two sons the first one did the will of his father. At first it was not what he wanted to do but he repented and went to work. Likewise there are times when we do not want to do Heavenly Father´s will, and this is okay, as long as we realize our mistake and go to work. God does not expect us to be perfect he only expects us to try and correct our mistakes. Heavenly father loves us all very much, I know this and this is why I am so happy to try and share the message of the gospel.

I love you all and hope you have a good week!

Love,

Elder Rice