"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 20, 2015

March 16, 2015

Hey Everyone,

 This has been yet another awesome week! Farmington is so great. Even though I've only been here for a few weeks I can tell that it will be hard to leave it behind. I am starting to love everyone so much and I want to see them all become members of the church. There are so, so many people who are looking for the truth and I want them all to find it. Being out on a mission I look back on my life and see the countless ways that God has blessed me and my family and I am so grateful for that. The Gospel gives me so much peace and hope I could never live my life without it now, I've come to know too much joy with the gospel to ever turn away from it. I really can't express how much I love our church and its teaching. If you ever have doubts just read the Book of Mormon for 20 minutes a day and I promise all those doubts will go away.

This Sunday we had 7 investigators at church! It was crazy and one of them was a guy that we just invited to come that morning and he loved it. He told us he would be back next week with his wife! 

One last thing that I want to share is something that I came across in my personal studies. I wish I could remember the scripture but I can’t... and I don’t have them with me so I can't look it up either. But it is in the Book of Jacob. Jacob is talking to the people and warning them of their sin and how they will be punished if they do not repent and then he talks about a few of the Lamanites who have been converted to the "true faith". And he says that the Lord would not waver because of their faith. In all of our lives there comes a point where we are converted to the Lord and the true faith. It’s not just the social aspects of the church, or that we are family centered, and we give service to others, as good as those things are, if we are not converted to the Lord and the true faith there will come times in our lives where we will waver. I am not quite to that point of conversion yet but I strive to get there every day, and every doubt or wavering thought that I overcome brings me one step closer. If you ever feel like you are wavering or doubting pray and study the scriptures for strength to overcome it and you will deepen the roots of your conversion until you get to the point where you will not waver because you are converted to the "true faith"

 I love you all and hope you have a great week!

 Elder Rice