"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 20, 2015

Hi Everybody,

My week has been really good! This week we found a young man named Lucas who was interested in hearing what we had to say. He seems to really like the message but with Brazilians sometimes it’s hard to tell if they are feeling the spirit or just being agreeable. He came to church and enjoyed the meeting. He gets along well with a recent convert named Adrian, so hopefully they will be able to make a friendship that helps him feel welcomed to the ward.

We also found a less active family who was baptized a few years ago and then just kind of stopped coming to church. It’s sad that so many Brazilians accept the gospel so willingly but then don´t hold to it. The Gospel truly is the one thing in this world that can bring peace and joy to our lives. It doesn’t mean that we won’t have struggles but we will come to know a fullness of joy in this life only through the gospel.

I love the church so much, and the more you give to it the more you will get. Do not hold anything back from God, once we truly give up ourselves and all of our unrighteous desires to him, then we come to know his will and want what he would want for us in our lives. I am trying so hard right now to know what his will is for me. I want to be able to stand before him one day and know I did what he wanted me to. It is not easy but I know if I persist in my efforts to know him he will reward me. Of course I have had struggles as well but they are all helping me to learn and grow. I love Brazil and want to make the most of my time here!

I love you all!!!

 Elder Rice