"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Monday, April 20, 2015

February 24, 2015

Hi:

This is my first day in the Farmington Mission! it is great. The mission president, president Batt, is one of the nicest people i have ever met. He was so welcoming and made me feel like this was just where i needed to be. My trainers name is Elder Holomon. He is a really good guy and has done a great job of helping me get prepared so far. But i have barely even started yet. Anyway, President Batt told me to send a quick email to my parents to let you guys know that i have arrived safely. I feel good and am very healthy. And I’m not sure if i mentioned this before but when i read that i was going to be reassigned to Farmington New Mexico i felt the spirit distinctly as i read it and i just felt like there is a reason i have to be here, especially since the travel office received my visa while i was laid over in the airport. So after this transfer i will go to Brazil. They told me i would be leaving on April 6th. I'm excited to serve here and i can't wait to go to Brazil.

Love,

Elder Rice