"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Hey Everyone!!!

Life in the MTC is good! We have had some really cool experiences. Oh and I was called as a district leader this past week. Yesterday everyone in our district did an English fast, so we only spoke Portuguese all day. It was difficult but I feel like I learned a lot. You learn so fast in the MTC. I know it is because the spirit is with us. The Holy Ghost is the best teacher.

Our zone also got three new districts this past week so it was fun to meet all the new missionaries coming in. And my district was able to host new incoming missionaries as well. It was super fun. We got to welcome them to the MTC and tell them how great it is going to be. Luckily all of the people I hosted didn't have families that cried a bunch at the curb. In fact one of them said good bye in about 30 seconds, I think it might have been a new MTC record!

I have also been reading the Book of Mormon a ton. The first day that we got here they challenged us to read the whole book by the end of our 6 weeks here. I am 30 pages away from finishing it and as I have read it my testimony as been strengthened so much. The Book of Mormon is a true book I can feel it every time I read from its pages.

Something that I want to share this week was a passage that I read in 3 Nephi when Christ was ministering to the Nephites. In Chapter 19 verses 19-23 Christ says a prayer on behalf of the Nephites. In his prayer he asks the Father to bless them with the Holy Ghost so that they can feel its influence. Out of all the things he could have prayed for he prayed for the Holy Ghost. I think that says a lot about how important it is that we have the Holy Ghost with us at all times. In a devotional we had Sunday night our speaker said that the Holy Ghost was a largely untapped resources by the members of the Church let alone the World. God's work can only progress if we have the spirit with us. So let us strive to be worthy of the Holy Ghost and pray for its influence. I love you all!!

 Love,

Elder Rice