"O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh ... Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh, ... therefore I will lift up my voice to thee ... my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen." (2 Nephi 4: 34-35)

Sunday, February 8, 2015

1/27/15

Hi:

The MTC is awesome!! I just gets better every day! some pretty cool things happened this week. First off we got a new teacher her name is Sister Dangerfield, It a legit name I know. She is the best!! She is so happy all the time it’s ridiculous! She always has a smile on her face and you can’t help but be happy while you are around her. We still have Brother Machado as a teacher too. They switch off between teaching morning and evenings. I think they are the two best teachers in the MTC.

 I don't know why our district is so blessed but I’m glad that we are. Some other pretty cool things happened this week as well. Our district was chosen to go and test out some new classrooms that they will be using at the MTC in a couple of years. Again I'm not sure why our district gets all the best stuff but we do and it’s awesome. The classroom was super nice it had big desks and nice chairs and was about 3x as big as our last classroom. I really wished we could have just gone there every day to learn.

As class was going on there was some guy watching us on the other side of a one-way mirror. Even though we couldn’t see him it was kinda weird to know that we were being watched...

Another super cool thing that happened was our district was filmed by some Italian film crew to be part of a church training video, I think. That was also kinda weird. They told us to just act natural and not look at the camera even though they had about two feet away from our face at times. So hopefully I'll be a Mormon celebrity by the time i get off my mission!

Other than that I had about a million spiritual experiences which is super awesome. It is such a good feeling to have the Holy Ghost testify to you every day. I think my favorite part of the MTC right now is the opportunity to teach fake investigators. Even though it is all practice I can feel the spirit so strongly as my companion and I teach.

In Moroni 10:5 it says " and by the power of the holy ghost ye may know the truth of all things" I know we have all heard this scripture several times but it is so true! having the Holy Ghost as a constant companion is an amazing blessings and allows me to have insights that I would never be able to perceive on my own. If you ever have doubts about the truthfulness of the Gospel just pray to God and search the scriptures diligently. And if you don’t get an answer do it again, and again, and again. God will always be true to his promises and he has promised that if we seek the truth diligently he will give it to us. I know the Holy Ghost testifies the truth of all things and i pray that we can all strive to have him as a constant companion.

I love you all! Read the Book of Mormon every day!!

Love,

Elder Rice